Thursday, August 10, 2006

Musings on a healthy lifestyle

Once again, it's been a while since my last post. About a week ago, I realized that I was "cheating" far too often but had no way to track my progress and falterings. So, I decided to begin keeping a food journal. This helps me not only know how much and what I am eating, but it gives me a method of accountability. I have decided to post my weekly journal on another blog, located here. Feel free to comment, commend and convict me as is necessary.

I am definitely still noticing small differences in how I feel. I actually started feeling badly again last week (which is what made me aware of how often I was "cheating") and have noticed I have more energy and generally feel better since I started journaling (and thus watching more carefully what I eat). My appetite is now much better and I don't get full and tired at the end of or halfway through meals (that's how it was about mid-June).

I do need to get the garage cleaned out so I can use the weight bench (thanks Laura!) which should increase my appetite and help me gain weight. Once that starts, I'll probably include my exercise schedule in my other blog.

No comments: