Friday, August 18, 2006

Not much to report

Things continue to progress. I am still feeling a little bit better each day. I do still wake up with sinus and lung congestion. It took me years to get to this point, so I'm not expecting anything overnight. Sticking to my diet has become almost a fun sort of challenge. I really don't have much desire for anything "bad" all that often anymore. I tried a blended salad last night for the first time. It was interesting. I know what a ruminant feels like now. That said, I made way too much and ate most of it so I think that's ok. I am to the point where I don't need any salt or sweetener in my oatmeal since I make it with raisins, nuts, and spices. It's really quite good that way. I'm still getting used to avocados and still don't like them alone. They are good in guacamole though. I prefer fresh fruit or a smoothie over a candy bar any time (except occasionally some extra-dark chocolate from Trader Joe's). My digestion has been quite good lately, especially the last couple days where I haven't "cheated" at all. I did get weighed today at the chiropractor and am about the same. I really do need to get the weight bench set up and start doing that.

3 comments:

Laura Springer said...

so, I assume you are making your own guac...I talked to a good source and ingredients include avocado, lime juice, salt and pepper, and salsa fresca (or any salsa you have laying around).

Unknown said...

I pretty much do that, except no salt or pepper. Occasionally a bit of hot sauce. Finding avocados (and fruit in general) can be a bit of a challenge. They're often not ripe when you buy them and once they ripen they go bad kind of quickly. Keeping them in the fridge (once they ripen) helps. I'm sure I'll get it down soon.

Laura Springer said...

the owner of the recipe has great regard for Trader Joe's Guac in a bag.