Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Healthy Lifestyle Expo

This weekend, I will be attending the Healthy Lifestyle Expo at the Burbank Hilton Convention Center. This is the event that my parents attended last fall that triggered my initial foray into veganism. Dr. Fuhrman will be one of the speakers here, so it will be cool to hear him and get to meet him. I am hoping I can set up my second consultation with him over this weekend.

I have been feeling just a little bit nasty the last couple days. I'm not sure what's up - I'm being careful about what I eat. I have had lots of lung congestion, especially this morning. It may just be the change in weather and not quite enough sleep.

Lifting is going very well. I was pretty sore yesterday but it's really a good feeling. We'll do another upper body tonight and start legs tomorrow. That should give me time to recover over the weekend (since I ride a motorcycle, maintaining what leg strength I have is pretty important).

Finally accepting the fact that I can't bring myself to drink coffee without cream, I switched to tea. I don't think I really need the caffeine - I just like drinking a hot beverage in the morning. I'll look around for some low-caffeine teas but I won't sacrifice taste.

No comments: