Monday, September 18, 2006

Ripped Fuel

Stevo and I finally got the garage cleaned and the weight bench moved to a suitable spot. Last Wednesday we did a light workout (bench only) and yesterday we did full upper body. I'm not nearly as strong as when I was lifting in college but I think I'm doing OK considering my weight and skinnyness. One of the reasons I like free weights much better than machines is that it gets all the wee muscles worked over too - so that they can stabilize. Our plan is to do upper body on Saturday and Wednesday and to do legs, abs and lower back on Sunday and Thursday.

My food situation went much better last week too. I was pretty diligent about juicing and did it twice most days. I only ate out once - at Rudy's on Friday morning. I had a couple pieces of pie on Saturday night. The pie was good but I felt the need to detoxify afterward, so I had a large bowl of cucumber salad and a blended salad.

General health is still improving little bits at a time. I rarely have dry coughing fits anymore unless I eat something with too much sugar. My sense of smell has returned - I guess my sinuses are finally clearing up. I have plenty of energy, once again provided I eat properly.

On a different note - last time I had my infusion (a week and a half ago) the nurse missed the vein. Actually, she hit the vein and went through the other side. I told her so, and she tried to shoot saline solution in anyway (which of course went into the tissue rather than the vein). My arm is still bruised from this experience. This is the second time in a row she has missed (the time before she did the same thing 2 or 3 times) and she hasn't been terribly apologetic about it. In fact, she seemed a bit perturbed when I told her she went through the other side. I'm going to request a different nurse for next time. It's not her arm that's still bruised.

2 comments:

Laura Springer said...

Congrats on the garage! On the detox, I waited until Sunday--Souplantation--the pie (strawberry-rhubarb AND...I know...black cherry) was actually worth it. I must say, though, such indulgences are becoming increasingly rare. I think this thing is actually working...yippee!

Prib said...

I had pecan first (which was just a wee bit too sweet but still good - I actually prefer chocolate pecan) and then my friend and I split the raisin-custard and the pumpkin, which were both really good. Glad to hear that your nutritional plan is working.